Literary Smackdown!!!

A site where short fiction can be published, read and voted for every month.
Every month there will be a new topic that each story must stem from. If you want to post a story, send it to literarysmackdown@gmail.com...and if you want to vote on a story, you can do it in the comments section of that story. 1=bad, 10=good. Check out January archives for details.
MAY'S TOPIC: forthcoming....

Friday, March 31, 2006

And the Winner(s) of the March Literary Smackdown Is (Are)...

It is 18 minutes past midnight on the east coast, and voting is over. I know there's another 2 hours and 42 minutes left in March out on the west coast, but I think all the Smackdown readers out there who wanted to vote, already have. So, without further ado, the winner of the March Literary Smackdown is:

Me. Brian Crane.

Yeah, I know. What a schmuck. Of course the month I run the Smackdown I'm the guy who wins the thing, but there it is all the same. It was a very close thing, with the lead going back and forth in the final days, and the final averages separated by just tenths of decimal points, but in the end, I squeaked through. Thanks, er'rybody for all of your votes and comments.

Also, thanks to all the entrants and voters for their time and talent this month. For myself, reading all of these great entries and comments made the Smackdown yet one more fun thing for this unemployed blogger to do besides get a job. Awesome! But before I get too pompous and self-involved I'll get into the cold hard numbers I've been crunching.

The Top Ten Literary Smackdowners are:

1.) Brian Crane -- 7.217
2.) Shawn Harwell -- 7.1583
3.) Kris Baucom -- 7.05
4.) HM -- 6.96
5.) Jenna Garland Wells -- 6.7375
6.) Mystery Writer -- 6.631449075
7.) Nathan Hines -- 6.45333
8.) Abe Jacquot -- 6.199667
9.) Paul Papadeas -- 6.04444
10.) Zack Tyler Adams -- 5.644

(I'm fairly certain the numbers are good and correct, but as with anything involving me and numbers, there is the distinct possibility I made a mistake. If your average sounds off, please go back and double-check the math and let me know if there's a discrepancy. I will correct the record for posterity if warranted.)

And for some more fun numbers, Abe, HM, and Hinesy were the nicest graders on average this month, while anonymous's #2 and #3 were the least forgiving.

All right! March is done and April has begun, and there is more writer-blood to be shed! Let's keep the Smackdown train rolling right into next month! I leave you in the able (not to mention strong and masculine) hands of Nathan Hines.

2 Comments:

Blogger troglodytis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!! I LIVE IN OHIO! EVIL ALWAYS WINS HERE!! COME ON!!

Congrats, Crane. Awfully freaking convenient, but congrats. I'm sure you weren't already tallying the points in your head when you voted for everybody else, specifically me (because really I could care less about the rest of you turd jugglers) and your refusal to vote based upon the actual prompt as opposed to your interpretation of the prompt, but that's cool. No really, I hope you enjoy your time together. You and winning. It'll be short-lived.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker